Adjuvant performs IT support for the Naval Health Clinic Charleston allowing the NHCC to provide medical care to the military service members. The position of Data Quality (DQ) Manager within the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) crosses a number of functional boundaries in its role to develop and implement programs and techniques to improve data quality business practices.
• Provide medical data analysis and process trouble shooting.
• Reviewing the data from medical applications and determining where process flaws or gaps exist in current procedures and business practices.
• Perform and report quantitative analysis to Command leadership on a weekly basis.
• Maintain HIPAA security.
• Adjust NHC Charleston security posture as necessary to meet Navy and Federal guidelines in regards to HIPAA compliance.
• Implementation of new databases and/or software for support and reporting of Naval Health Clinic Charleston’s healthcare services data quality services, initiatives, projects, reports and other activities based on regulatory and accreditation mandates.
• Implementation of new databases and or software for support and reporting of Naval Health Clinic’s healthcare services data quality services, initiatives, projects, reports and other activities based on regulatory and accreditation mandates.
• Analyze and coordinate data collection for Performance Improvement, Quality Improvement, Utilization Management, Comptroller and other internal and external sources
• Assist with complex and special projects as well as implement new databases and/or software for support and projects.
• Responsible for the quality in the data domain within these databases and projects
• Define reports and key metrics on the data to NHCC
• Manage team quality and identify leads,
• Manage and execute efforts to maintain data integrity.
• Coordinate between various data entities and the site to produce a quality data source.
• Work with site staff and project leaders to ensure the data analyzed is correctly.
• Identify data quality in the current systems,
• Define metrics on data,
• Create reports on the current quality of the data,
• Act as a consultant to project administrators to ensure data integrity.
• Lead team efforts in the data quality acquisition for site data quality.
• Work with the comptroller in the dispensing of reports and software tools necessary in a collaborative effort to support the command
• Act as the informational representative for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, WAM coordination with comptroller, and CHCS data collection personnel.
• Provide support for system analysis and provide support for the Ambulatory Data Module ADM, Ambulatory Data System ADS and KG-ADS.
• Analyze user requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing and improve existing systems.
• Diagnose and analyze system faults and conduct software analysis.
• Monitor the various performance tools needed for meeting the system requirements.
• Participate in a variety of command high level working groups and committees and create and program custom ADM business objects reports to assist staff members in making data driven decisions.
• Participate in the Population Health initiative for analyzing data and providing repots.
• A minimum of three years of Data experience within an Information Technology domain.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills utilized in supporting non-technical and technical customers, varying levels of management, and peers on other teams
• Current or prior Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance in a reasonable amount of time. A copy of the questionnaire may be found: http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
• If selected the applicant will be required to complete a series of health forms. You must be able to provide documentation of required immunizations and physical testing, and a statement from the your licensed medical practitioner or a report of a physical examination using the form which can be accessed at the following link: http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmlc/Public_Docs/Physical%20Exam%20and%20Immunization%20Form.pdf
• Experience working within a medical organization
• Experience and Knowledge working within the Navy
• This work is performed in an office environment, occasional lifting up to 30 lbs. Employee will be sitting while using the computer and constant walking while visiting employee worksites.
• 10% of time may be required to travel for training or customer support.