We have an immediate need for an SQL Server Developer / Database Administrator to support the Decision Analysis Division. at Offutt AFB. The contractor shall provide comprehensive and responsive data and information management services (i.e. architecture, data/web/software integration, data management, knowledge management, and requirements definition).
- Support the development and administration of data management systems to include database development and human factors considerations.
- Review database system specifications for compliance with USSTRATCOM policy.
- Establish relationships with other USSTRATCOM Directorates to facilitate access to Command data sources.
- Implement advanced data security mechanisms.
- Develop SQL Server database according to established requirements.
- Create and test queries, stored procedures, and packages for SQL Server database system.
- Define and refine Information/Knowledge Management (IM/KM) requirements and assist in the development of associated architecture and technology insertion plan(s).
- Elicit and evaluate requirements and translate into appropriate technical specifications.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree Desired, preferably in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or related field is desired
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing SQL Server Database Administration
- At least 5 years of experience with database administration functions using SQL Server 2005/2008
- Experience with SQL Server Development
- At least 5 years of experience programming in SQL with the ability to apply expert-level T -SQL skills
- Familiar with SQL Server Development Studio